January 30, 2011

Meals in Review 1/9-1/30

I've been doing well in keeping to my goal of 4-5 meals cooked at home per week.  Here's a quick run down of the meals that I have made in the past three weeks since starting this blog.  I linked each recipe to a separate recipe page I made as well.  It's called Recipes for the Proverbs 31 Mom.

1.  Crock pot shredded chicken tacos on wheat tortillas, salsa, tortilla chips, and homemade queso























2.  Pizza bubble ring with pizza sauce or 
light Ranch dressing for dipping and a green
salad

































3.  Homemade chicken noodle soup with a green salad--I made this tasty and easy dish twice:  once for us and once as an agape meal for a friend combined with a green salad and an easy peach cobbler.


















4.  Bacon, Caesar, & mozzarella paninis, baked sweet potato fries, and a green salad

















5.  My Mom's Italian meatloaf, green peas, mashed potatoes, and a green salad

















6.  Creamy spinach and tortellini with a green salad

















7.  Quick and Fruity Crescent waffles for a weekend breakfast.  Every now and then we like to make something special for breakfast on a Saturday morning.  My cousin, Kristen, was in town, so we had these family favorite waffles.  I've made them many times, but this time my husband and my cousin tried making them for the first time, and they turned out wonderfully!

















8.  Baked salmon, wild rice, and sauteed asparagus

















9.  Southwestern chicken tortilla soup and a green salad

















10.  Allegro pork chops, left over wild rice and baked apples

11.  Greek chicken and a green salad--I had to separate all the things in this dish out into different compartments on my son's plate in order to get my son to eat this, but he loved it.  I didn't give him any onions or bell peppers, though, and I didn't put any extra feta cheese on top of his chicken.  He ate the orzo, chicken, zucchini, tomatoes, and black olives.  He especially liked eating the black olives the most, strangely enough.

12.  Mission trip chicken enchiladas --I made the enchiladas for a pot luck get-together with my friends from my old teaching team.  My family ate the left-overs with a green salad later in the week.

13.  Homemade hamburgers on wheat buns, zucchini fries, and my friend's baked beans recipe--My husband grilled hamburgers a couple of months ago.  He didn't grill all the patties that he made, so we froze the remaining four.  We pulled those out of the freezer, and he grilled them up on the indoor grill pan.  I made the zucchini fries and baked beans to go with them.

14.  Party pasta and a green salad--I'm not exactly convinced that this recipe is anything special, but I'm going to give it another try since my husband liked it so much.  I made some mistakes in making it, so that might have contributed to its blandness.
This is not the one I made.  I messed up my recipe, so I got this picture online.


I love this version of a salad that my mother-in-law makes, who is from Germany.  This was my first time making it myself.





















16.  BBQ chicken, and roasted veggies--I made this as an agape meal for a friend.













5 comments:

  1. You'll appreciate this. I didn't plan my envelopes very well this month and we ran out of food yesterday, so tonight we had: Annie's boxed mac n cheese, vanilla yogurt, and cinnamon spiced pears.

    After dinner Pax stared at the fridge for a long time. He told us he was "wooking for something good."

    Now I know where to send him! Oh, and BRING ME A PANINI!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great job Jenni! All of your meals look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I have a bunch of new recipes that I have been trying if you need any new ones. I have had to get over my fear of cooking fish by myself since Alex is busy all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Thanks for the new recipes. I feel like I cook the same thing over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jenni! I am so impressed! You rock!

    ReplyDelete